Saturday, January 5, 2008

I think I'm finally ready...

After many days and countless hours spent reading, surfing and becoming inspired by other great blogs...I thought "Hey, I can do that too". I mean how hard can it be...really. Well let me tell you, for the HTML illiterate female I am....VERY! So I spent some time researching yadda yadda...and well, here I am. I'm not going to lie, this maybe a slow and painful process but it's a step through the door. I thought I'd share a bit about by hobby, obsession, um how about expensive addiction...STAMPING! I love stamping! I mostly make cards, but here and there I will branch out and create something out of my element such as a mini scrapbook or an altered project. I'm also a terrible paper horder. I must admit, I loooove patterned paper and cardstock. Especially anything from Basic Grey. If you haven't heard of Basic Grey yet, let me tell you..you're MISSING OUT! Anyway, for now until I get the hang of this whole 'blogging' thing, be kind to me. I'm sure I'll learn many more things along the way and who knows, I might even surprise some of you.


Today's card is one that I made my Dad for his Birthday. He's 65 this year! I find making masculine cards SOOO challenging since I hardly create anything that doesn't contain glitter, flowers, or at least a little shimmer. The patterned paper is by...of course Basic Grey from their Archaic line. I actually bought the paper specifically for this card since it's kind of masculine looking. I cut all of the circles using my Colluzle and added some paper peircing and black thread. I have to say I love circle cards lately. Such a nice change from the normal A2 size. Soooo, you may see more circles in the near future. The popped up elephant comes from Stampin' Up!'s 'Wild Things' set and is stamped in versa mark then rubbed with two different colours of Pearl-Ex to coordinate with the designer paper. It's hard to see the shimmer in the photos but it's actually very metallic looking IRL.

Thanks for looking

No comments: