Saturday, February 21, 2009

Two Pink Cards

Back again with another card for today. Actually I have a late V-day card as well...a week late! It was one I had made a week and a half ago and forgot to post it along with the others. This valentines card I struggled with a bit. It had originally started out as a different card and then I decided I hated it, ripped it apart and then reused some of the elements to compose the new card. Has that ever happened to you? You start making something and completely decide you don't like where it's going and start all over again?
Quite often when I sit down to make a card I don't have a plan. Basically I just look at all my stuff and start pulling out colours that appeal to me at the moment and maybe some new products that I recently bought that I want to play with. Sometimes when I'm inspired by something, say a picture or a group of colours I might jot it down in my notebook as to remind myself later of it when I'm playing in my stamp room. Most of the time though I just play. Sometimes, I don't even create anything in particular; I just experiment with new techniques and try new ideas.
The first card I used my stazon opaque ink pad (for the first time I might add, about time I think since I've had the thing for at least 6 months already) to stamp on an acetate sheet. If anyone has not used this ink before...just a few words of caution: this ink is thick, and sticky! The inkpad comes uninked and you have to load it yourself with the reinker provided. I suggest really mixing the bottle well before doing this since it's so vicous and might have separated out. Also, it really stays put. After using it with my rubber stamp and using stazon cleaner right away it still didn't come off totally. I had to scratch some it off to clean my stamp properly.


The second card I made my own back ground by stamping the same image over and over again. Because I used an acrylic stamp that was new and unprimed, and I used a dye ink, the image didn't come out as crisp as I would have liked it to. However in the end I like it more this way. It looks like it's a piece of vintage fabric or something. The stamps are from that same Lotus Floral collection from K&Co that I've been using lately. Getting sick of it yet? Haha. I just can't get enough of it. I promise I'll use something different soon. . ...maybe :) Enjoy
Thanks for looking



Supplies: Happy V-day Card
Paper: pink pirouette, whisper white (SU!) acetate sheet (3M)
Stamps: geometric flowers (cornish heritage farms)
Ink: stazon opaque (tsukineko)
Accessories: brads (basic grey) chipboard, glitter, word window punch, scallop border punch (SU!) ribbon, circle punch, scallop circle punch (marvy) black pen (martha stewart)

Supplies: Hi There Card
Paper: whisper white, cameo coral, basic black (SU!)
Stamps: lotus floral (K&Co) fancy flexible phrases (SU!)
Ink: black onyx (versafine) cameo coral (SU!)
Accessories: black ribbon, rhinestones, crystal effects (SU!)

No comments: