Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Card

Wow, it's February 1oth today and Valentine's Day is just a mere 4 days away. For some this may not be a day that you look forward to each year, but hey, it's a holiday, and with holidays come cards and I just love any chance I get to STAMP STAMP STAMP. Today I thought I'd post a picture of a recent Valentine's Day card I made. Nothing difficult, kind of simple and to the point. Of course there's pink, and glitter though. I love love LOVE glitter. It can make ANY card look good, don't you think?! Especially PINK glitter! Yum yum. The heart is made of chipboard and I inked it before adding the glue and glitter. Once it was dry to the touch I added a layer of crystal effects to the whole front to create a glossy smooth surface. I wasn't originally going to do this but I found that when I touched the heart I ended up getting glitter all over me and my hands. This just seemed like a better way to go since I knew the card would be handled quite a bit. Anyway, hope you enjoy. Thanks for looking.

Supplies
Paper: whisper white (SU!) dizzy dots (Frances Meyer)
Stamps: Love Matters (SU!)
Ink: basic black (SU!)
Accessories: silver gel pen, chipboard (SU! on board essentials) ribbon, glitter - tourmaline (Martha Stewart)

No comments: