Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-Day and Papertrey

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! Hope everyone is having a great day with lots of yummy chocolates and flowers. I myself received a beautiful bouquet of roses from my wonderful boyfriend amoung other gifts. I could never ever get tired of receiving roses ....for any occassion. I just love the way they smell and look so velvety. They are the ultimate flower, so delicate and decidant looking.


Well today is the last day of the Papertrey Ink challenges because at midnight they will introduce all of their new products, so I thought I would participate in one last challenge before the final hour. The challenge was to create a card using colours from one of Dawn McVey's prejects from her blog during the anniversary give away.
This card was definately out of my element. I used
this card for inspiration. In the end I didn't think it was half bad. I actually like the colours together and I think I might do something like this again in the future. It was nice to be inspired to do something I wouldn't normally try.


Supplies
Paper: urban prairie (basic grey) chocolate chip, very vanilla, cool caribbean (SU!)
Ink: chocolate chip, cool caribbean, baja breeze (SU!)
Stamps: lotus floral (K&Co) fancy flexible phrases (SU!)
Accessories: scallop border punch, (SU!) glitter pen (sakura), 1/16 punch (McGill) rhinstone

No comments: